Since Easter is approaching, I thought I would share a great idea to do with kids to teach them the real meaning of Easter.
We do Easter baskets in Easter, but we focus on that it is the day that Christ rose and we celebrate that. The eggs are numbered for 12 days , so 12 days before Easter we begin the story.
Items for the eggs
You can buy supplies here
1. Donkey :Jesus rode in a donkey to Jerusalem
2.coins: judas was paid to help capture Jesus.
3.cup: Jesus and his disciples
4. Pray hands : Jesus prayed to God in the garden
5.sword: Peter drew his sword to defend Jesus and cut off a soldiers eat
6. Crown of thorns: placed it on Jesus
head to mock him "King" of the Jews
7.Cross: Where they hung Jesus to die
8.Nails : Jesus was nailed to the cross one in each hand and his feet
9. Sponge: people not being nice offered Jesus a sponge soaked in vinegar to drink
10.Linen: Jesus was wrapped in linen after his death
11. Stone: Jesus body was placed in a tomb and a large stone sealed his body inside
12. Empty: on Easter Sunday Jesus was alive, he had risen from the dead.