I am linking up with Kelly"s Korner for Show us your life.
I am Nicole and I work full time from home. I have to be honest and say that for years I struggled with having to work,but I know this is for the Glory of God and this is what is best for my family. I run a preschool out of my house. When my first child was born, I was a director of a daycare and he was able to go to work with me,but it was just long hours and not for me. I then decided to watch children, giving me the ablity to stay home and still have that income. I enjoy my job and the extra income allows us to eat out more, go on vacations, and just have the extra's to do whatever. My job can be very challenging at times,but what job isn't? Right? It can be hard to have extra kids in my home somedays,but I am home with my kiddos. When they are sick, I do not have to take a sick day and I have naptime to do things with my 2 that are home and catch up on things around the home.
Even though I am home, I am in my basement most days and do not come upstairs until naptime.
* I do a load a laundry a day, otherwise I will be knee deep in laundry. I put a load in the morning before going downstairs and then at naptime I put in the dryer and put it away if time allows. I have my 2 older children put away their own laundry. It may not be up to my standards,but heck it is done!
* I run the dishwasher at night and while the kids are eating breakfast I unload it.
* I have to add in that I get up early to run and have some me time, and I usually eat before the kids get up, so that I have time to do other things while they eat.
* I pick the kids clothes out and get everything ready the night before so once my daycare kids come, things are not stressed and I am ready to focus on work.
* I use naptime to tidy up and snuggle with my 2 girls before the other kids get up.
Those are just a few things that help me and free up some time in the evenings to enjoy just with my kiddos and hubby. I am blessed to have a job and I am my own boss and allows me to be home. I may not be able to have playdates during the day, or attend Mops( I attend a evening one though) or attend storytime at the library, etc... but I am ok with that.
I look forward to reading others and maybe get some hints from you.