When Ryan lost his job in July, we knew God had a plan, but could not understand why this was part of it.
For the longest time I knew Ryan was suppose to paster. The joy he has in his heart when he leads others in knowledge about the Lord.
The lord opened a door at Ford motor company in management. As I explained in this post, shift work was involved and long hours and even some weekend hours. This was a whole new change for us. The lord knew that this opportunity would give him the flexibility to start taking seminary classes though.
My heart was filled with joy when he took this step, however, my heart was starting to feel anxiety, worry, questioning so many things and I was starting to think that being called to be a pastors wife,was not the calling anymore.
I continued to pray that God would soften my heart and allow his work to work in my heart.
I kept going back to this verse.
"The lord said, It's not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." (Genesis 2:18)
I began to think, that if I am his wife, my role is to support him in everything. The lord did not want him to do this alone.
I am not sure what my role exactly will be, but I do know I have to lead by example.
1. Partner with him
2. Pray continuously for him in different matters in ministry. Being a pastor can be challenging and disheartening and Saton will use that to his advantage.
3. Be the leader of the home and family
4. Listen to him, encourage him, and really listen.
"Let us make (human beings) in our image,in our likeness and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air,over the livestock, over all the earth and over all the creatures that move along the ground." Genesis 1:26
Ministry can be really tough and ugly and Satan will always be knocking on the door and hoping we let him in.
As I think more about the future of being a pastors wife,
I also feel scared and know that
1. I need to watch out for my husband. What if he gets overworked, overwhelmed? Make sure he knows his (our boundaries)
2.stand with him when times get tough.
Even in disagreement, respect him, pray for wisdom.
2. Not take things personally. This will be hard for me. People in the church can be mean and cast judgement and I need to grow a tough skin and just let it go.
3. Do not allow "watchers" or those who constantly watch us control what is expected out of us.
4. Protect my children. I am scared of those people who have Satan as a member of the family and will do everything to control the pastor life of my children.
This time of preparing will be long and hard. It will be filled with prayer after prayer and know that the calling of husband being a pastor is serious and everyday will get stronger.
I ask of you to pray with us and pray for the things I listed above? Would you
come along with us and support us?